- Name: Bernard C. Landford
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 29
- Where: Waianae, Hawaii
- Height: 5'6"
- Weight: Contest 186 Offseason 202
- Years Bodybuilding :9
- Favorite Bodypart: Shoulders
- Favorite Exercise: Dumbbell Lateral Raise
- Favorite Supplements: NaNOX9, Tribulus & Betancourt Glutamine
How Did You Get Started?
I fell in love with bodybuilding I would say around the age of 18-19 years old. I was weighing in at a measly 150 lbs. As a teenager playing football, pretty much everyone picks up a weight or two, but I started to get serious about a year after I graduated from High School. My good friend had a "backyard" gym that consisted of a flat and incline bench. He also had dumbbells, which helped me a whole lot.
No one really taught me how to lift or how to eat, I just learned by reading, reading and reading. I never really joined a gym until I was around the age of 22. Even though I loved the sport of bodybuilding, the funds to pursue it were hard to come by. Within the last 3-4 years I was finally able to afford everything that's needed, including food and supplements to actually start seeing enormous gains. All together, I would say I've been training off and on for about 9-10 years. I'm still learning and growing every day.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
|TERMS YOU'LL NEED TO KNOW|
Monday - Back & Biceps
- Chins: 4 Sets Of 12, 10, 8, Then 6 Reps(Increasing Weight Every Set)
- Dumbbell Or Barbell Rows: 3 Sets Of 7-9 Reps
- Seated Cable Rows: 3 Sets Of 7-9 Reps
- Lat Pulldowns: 3 Sets Of 7-9 Reps
- Lying Dumbbell Pullovers: 3 Sets Of 7-9 Reps
- Dumbbell, Barbell, Or EZ Bar Standing Curls: 3 Sets Of 7-9 Reps
- Preacher Curl: 3 Sets Of 7-9 Reps
- Concentration Curls: 3 Sets Of 12-15 Reps
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Bernard Landford's Monday Workout.
Tuesday - Chest & Triceps
- Incline Bench Press: 5 Sets, 2 Warm Up & 3 Working Of 7-9 Reps
- Decline Bench Press: 3 Sets Of 7-9 Reps
- Incline Flyes: 3 Sets Of 7-9 Reps
- Cable Crossover Or Pec Deck Machine: 3 Sets Of 12-15 Reps
- Skull Crushers: 2 Warm Ups 3 Sets Of 7-9 Reps
- Seated Overhead Extensions: 3 Sets Of 7-9 Reps
- Cable Pressdowns: 3 Sets Of 12-15 Reps
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Bernard Landford's Tuesday Workout.
Thursday - Legs
- Barbell Or Smith Machine Squats: 2 Warm Ups, 3 Sets Of 7-9 Reps
- Leg Press: Pyramid (No Set Amount Of Sets) 7-9 Reps
- Hack Squats: 3 Sets Of 7-9 Reps
- Stiff Legged Deadlifts: 3 Sets Of 7-9 Reps
- Lying Leg Curls: 3 Sets Of 7-9 Reps
- Leg Extensions Or Lunges: 3 Sets Of 20 - 100 Reps
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Bernard Landford's Thursday Workout.
Friday - Shoulders & Traps
- Military Press: 3 Sets Of 7-9
- Lateral Raises: 3 Sets Of 7-9 Reps
- Bent Over Lateral Raises: 3 Sets Of 12-15 Reps
- Upright Rows Or Shrugs: 3 Sets Of 7-9 Reps
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Bernard Landford's Friday Workout.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
I eat a total of 6-7 meals a day. Meal plan looks a little something like this in the offseason:
- Shake 65 Grams
- Subway Sandwich Double Chicken Breast (No Bread) 35 Grams
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
By Far, this stack has helped me through contest prep a whole lot:
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I would subscribe to Flex Magazine and read every issue like it was the Bible. I would follow the diets religiously and emulate the top bodybuilders at the time. I loved the way a person can manipulate and morph their own body as long as they have the discipline.
I also went into this sport knowing that one day I would like to be a personal trainer and help people to live healthy and achieve their fitness goals. I wanted to own my own gym and maybe even start a fitness clothing line.
I think another reason why I love bodybuilding is because when I was a little kid, I was fat, chubby, husky (whatever you wanna call it). I used be teased and insecure about my looks. That made my drive for bodybuilding even stronger, because I knew it was up to me to actually change the way I looked and ultimately, the way I felt.
I also love the adrenaline and feeling you get after you finish a workout or a set. Like Arnold said, when you get a good pump it's even better than an orgasm. That's exactly the way I feel.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
Well, I entered my very first competition in June of 2008. I entered the Hawaiian Islands Bodybuilding Championships junior/novice class and won the middleweight and overall. I was so stoked to actually win the contest let alone my class. That experience is a springboard for me to enter the Open Division in a local contest that will be held next spring.
I plan to bring a better package next time around and hopefully keep the streak alive. If I do well in that contest (Win the Overall), then I will probably take a year or two off so I can bring a spectacular package to the Junior Nationals in 2011. I am in no rush to pursue my ultimate goal, which is to hopefully obtain a Pro Card. I would be ecstatic to just be a top competitor at the National level.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Eat, eat and eat. That is what will allow you to pack on size. I think a lot of up and comers don't realize how much eating and food it takes to put on quality muscle. Eat at least 5-6 meals per meal with 1 gram of protein per pound of "LEAN" body weight.
Just stay focused and disciplined. If you want something bad enough, you'll do anything to get what you want. This is not a sprint, but a marathon. Remember, it took me 9-10 years to pack on 50 lbs. of muscle. As long as you have the will, discipline and funds, you can achieve anything.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
These amazing teenagers have made changes in their lives that most adults only dream about!
Age is no excuse for these over 40 men & women who have decided to feel and look young again!