- Name: Azifukared
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 43
- Where: NYC
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 222 Lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :8
- Favorite Bodypart: Chest, Back, Legs, Arms, Shoulders
- Favorite Exercise: Walking Barbell Lunges
- Favorite Supplements: NRG-X Labs
How Did You Get Started?
I got started in 1996. A car accident had left me with a fractured sternum, 2 broken ribs on each side, front and back, an open gash on the left side of my jaw, lip, and the inside of my mouth. I also had a head injury.
After laying around for about a month or so, I got the bad case of the boredoms. So I tried to do pushups and failed. Doing one pushup was a task in it's self. I grew frustrated and started reading on how to make myself stronger.
Flex Wheeler and Bruce Lee were my motivators. Flex was in a car accident too, and Bruce Lee had a lower back problem due to doing good mornings. He was told he wouldn't fight again much less throw a kick the way he had once before. I began reading on what exercises Bruce had done.
I then started attempting pull-ups and walking so I could breathe better. Doing pull-ups wasn't so hard, since I weighed around 135lbs. After a month or so, I was able to do a few pushups. Watching Flex Wheeler in his shows that used to air on the sports channel, that got me raring to go!
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
- Floor Crunches Or Machine Crunches: 4 sets of 20 reps
- Incline Smith Machine: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Cable Crossovers: 3 sets of 15-20 reps
- Flat Smith Machine Press: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Standing Calf Raises: 4 sets of 10-15 reps
- Seated Calf Raises: 4 sets of 10-15 reps
- Seated Side Laterals: 4 warm-up sets of 10-12 reps
- Seated Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Machine Shoulder Press: 3 sets 12-15 reps
- Reverse Flyes: 4 sets of 15-20 reps
- Dumbbell Shrugs: 3 sets of 20 reps
- Smith Machine Shrugs: 3 sets of 20 reps
- Straight Bar Reverse Curls: 3 sets of 30 reps
- Straight Bar Curls: 3 sets of 30 reps
Off from weights. 45 minute cardio session.
- Pull-ups: 3 sets to failure
- Bent Over Rows: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Wide Grip Pulldowns: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- One Arm Dumbbell Rows: 3 sets of 10 reps each arm
- Straight Arm Pulldowns: 3 sets of 20 reps
- Floor Crunches Or Machine Crunches: 4 sets of 20 reps
- Barbell Curls: 3 sets of 20 reps
- Reverse Curls With Straight Bar: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Dumbbell Alternating Curls: 3 sets of 10 reps each arm
- Hammer Curls: 3 sets of 20 reps
- Rope Pushdowns: 1 set of 100 reps
- Reverse Pushdowns: 4 sets of 20 reps
- Triceps Pushdowns: 3 sets of 20 reps
- Skull Crushers: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Leg Extensions: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 8 reps
- Walking Lunges: 2 sets of 12 reps
- Seated Leg Curls: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Standing Leg Curls: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Stiff Legged Deadlift: 1 set of 10-15 reps
When doing legs, I do them in a split formation. Quads in the early afternoon, and hams and glutes in the evening. All exercises are in the strictest of form.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
Well here is my mass diet and my cut up diet:
Upon Waking Up:
- 2 Scoops Hemorush
Post Workout Meal:
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
I would have to say the 2 products I have been using as of late has been the Hemorush by NutraBolics and the 1-Andro Rx by IronMagLabs. For the sheer pump and fat burning of the Hemorush and the mass and strength of 1-Andro Rx. My gains have been through the roof!
And if I may, my sponsor swoll-up.com, also has an awesome line of supplements that kick ass, the one I use right before my workouts is called swoll-02; they also have a great clothing line to.
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love body building because it basically gave my life back to me. I love how it makes me feel when I need to de-stress and unwind. We all know how weird that sounds, pushing iron around or doing a step mill or tread mill, but everyone can agree with me when I say, going to the gym or working out at home does a lot for the mind frame, let alone the body.
I love seeing the progress I've made and the gains I hope to make while working out. I had a goal a few years ago, and that was to weigh 235lbs. Well I surpassed that and hit 240lbs. It wasn't easy getting there and it sure wasn't easy trying to maintain the weight, but I love it, the life style, the cool people I have met here on BodySpace...
There is one person who has made a great change in my life, my future wife, she has been by my side and I met her here, fitdiva83.
Here is a list of names of the nice people I have grown to admire here on BodySpace:
They are part of the Iron CoaliNation:
RafMorris37, uncgred06, GoGetter, mer-der-ah, Blkmuscle40, AlliGirl, BRUTUSPLAC, focus101, blkprince09, tcc_mckenzie, maunaloa, BugNic, MsFitFern, thgirlnxtdr, growingpains, niknak32, fitnblnde5, Making_A_Change, etelka, china2u, Carla Hampshire, ConnieChung, dieseldru
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
What motivates me? Having a healthy heart, and body parts that still move in time with each other. And the fact, "We are only young as we feel."
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
Like I said before, being able to do one push up after the car accident. And after being able to do that everything I want do, I can do!
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
My future plans for bodybuilding? Well I would love to do a show and qualify for the Arnold Classic, if not, stay in the life style of helping others achieve their goals!
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
When it comes to bodybuilding, always listen to your body, be it food, rest or your workouts. When it comes to working out, leave the ego at the door. Male or female this applies to you. We all have had that one moment where we wanted to show off some exercise that we could do with ease.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
Bruce Lee, even though he wasn't a bodybuilder per say, Flex Wheeler, Victor Martinez, Dorian Yates, Mike Mentzer, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Shawn Ray, Trey Brewer, Eric Fankhouser, Paul Dillett, and Bill Grant.
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?
Ah the features, the body scale even though my body hasn't changed that much, even if by a few pounds. I have to keep checking it to make sure my waist doesn't get any bigger.