- Name: Amy M. Kessler
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 45
- Where: Missouri
- Height: 5' 4"
- Weight: 128 Lbs., Contest: 118 Lbs.
- Years Bodybuilding :3
- Favorite Bodypart: Back
- Favorite Exercise: Lunges & Shoulder Press
- Favorite Supplements: None
How Did You Get Started?
I was pretty much a tom boy growing up. I was always active in some kind of sport - softball, track, gymnastics, cross country, but when I was in high school, you never saw a girl lifting weights. Then, one day I just started lifting. I was the only girl doing bench presses and squats my senior year. I liked how my legs and arms started to look and as I got older I just continued to go to the gym. I've taught aerobics, I've been a personal trainer... being in the gym is like eating and sleeping to me. It's part of everyday life and I wouldn't have it any other way.
View My BodySpace Profile: bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/amykessler.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Sample Training Week:
- pre-exhaust with cable crossovers
- incline presses
- hammer strength lateral press
- decline press
- peck deck
- overhead press and side laterals with cable machine superset one movement after the other non stop through 3 sets of 12 reps. This is just to top off the muscle group after doing your chest.
- straight bar pressdowns (cable machine)
- ropes (cable machine)
- V-bar pressdowns
- lying extensions (skull crushers)
- 100-150 reps
- chin-ups (3 sets of 10-12)
- seated cable rows (wide-grip)
- seated cable pulldowns (close-grip)
- dumbbell rows
- overhead pulldowns
- preacher curls and straight bar cable curls. Superset these 2 movements - 3 sets of 10-12 reps non stop. This is just to top off the opposing muscles that were used during your back routine.
- seated hamstring curls
- lying hamstring curls
- stiff-leg deadlifts
- standing calf raises
- seated calf raises
- calf presses (leg press machine)
- free-standing calf concentration isolations (squatting down to the floor and flexing your calves)
- dumbbell laterals (side and front) increasing weight through 4 sets
- upright rows
- rear delts
- dumbbell shrugs
- seated alternating DB curls
- standing barbell curls
- preachers (machine to failure)
- 100-150 reps
Cardio 45 minutes and abs 100-150 reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
Meal 1: 1/4 cup oats, 4 egg whites
Meal 2: 6 oz. Tilapia, 1 cup broccoli
Meal 3: 6 oz. chicken, 1 cup asparagus
Meal 4: 2 scoops of protein (1 scoop ISOPURE, 1 scoop Pro-Bolic SR) 1/4 cup raw almonds
Meal 5: 6 oz. turkey, 1 cup broccoli
Meal 6: 5 Egg whites w/1 whole eggs before bed
1 1/2 gallons of water per day
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
- MHP Probolic-SR protein
- 2 tbsp. flaxseed oil p/d or the equivalent in capsules
- Thermogenic; take on an empty stomach before morning cardio and 30-40 minutes prior to weight training
- Amino Acids; take 2 tabs at meals 1, 3, and 5
- Livers; take 2 tabs at meals 1. 3. and 5
- Multivitamins and Multi-Minerals
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love to see my body transform and see the changes that I make. I like the way I feel when I'm in good shape and I've become motivation for a lot of people and that makes me feel good. Plus... I love competition.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I will be competing at the Arnold Amateur Classic, Feb. 28, 2008. After that, I'm hoping to do Jr. Nationals and possibly Nationals in 2008. It's gonna be a great year!!!
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
I'm not sure I've been in the sport long enough to give anyone advice, but for myself... YOU HAVE TO BE PASSIONATE about something. I mean... I'm no spring chicken (LOL), but if this is your passion just GO FOR IT! But if you start, you CAN'T QUIT!
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
|Calling All Over 40 Amateurs!|
New Contest Available At Bodybuilding.com:
Over 40 Transformations - We are now looking for submissions for our new over 40 transformation of the week. Do you think you qualify? Let us know. If you are interested please go to the following page: