- Name: Alexandre Da Silva
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 41
- Where: Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
- Height: 5' 7" (170 cm)
- Weight: 209 Lbs. (95kg), Contest: 192
- Years Bodybuilding :19
- Favorite Bodypart: Chest
- Favorite Exercise: Bench Press
- Favorite Supplements: Whey Protein, Creatine, Glutamine
How Did You Get Started?
I started training back in 1988 only to lose weight and get some muscle. After that I fell in love with the sport. So... I knew someone at Pergus gym (hardcore bodybuilding gym in Rio De Janeiro) - he saw my potential and gave me motivation for starting in a bodybuilding contest. So, here I am. A couple years later I went to the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA and did three bodybuilding shows where I got some good results. Now back in Brazil I am still competing and doing very well.
- IFBB Rio De Janeiro state cup - novice division - lightweight- 1st
- IFBB Rio De Janeiro state cup - men open- lightweight- 3rd
- IFBB south-southwest cup - men open - mediumweight - 2nd
- IFBB Rio De Janeiro cup - men - mediumweight - 2nd
- IFBB Rio De Janeiro cup - master - 3rd
- NPC- Back to the 50's- man open- mediumweight-2nd
- NPC- Pennsylvania Bodybuilding Championship- man open- medium weight- 2nd
- NPC- Harrisburg Bodybuilding Cup- man open- medium weight- 1st and overall
View My BodySpace Profile: bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/Triceraptus.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Before I was 30 years old I was training like everybody else: 3 days on, 1 day off. But after that I had a lot of injuries, so it was time to change! I tried to do one body part a day like a Dorian Yates style: less training volume and more intensity.
Sample Training Week:
- Bench press: 1x12, 1x10, 1x8, 1x6
- Incline bench press: 1x8, 1x6
- Decline bench press: 1x8, 1x6
- Pec deck: 1x to fail
- Cables cross-over: 1x to fail
- Pull-ups (front): 3x to fail
- Barbell row: 1x12, 1x10, 1x8, 1x6
- One arm dumbbell row: 1x8, 1x6
- Seated cable row: 1x8, 1x6
- Hammer: 1x to fail
- Dumbbell pullover: 1x to fail
- Leg press: 1x12, 1x10, 1x8, 1x6
- Squat: 1x8, 1x6
- Leg extension: 1x to fail
- Leg curl: 1x12, 1x10, 1x8, 1x6
- Seated leg curl: 1x6, 1x8
- Deadlift: 2x8
- Military press behind the neck: 1x12, 1x10, 1x8, 1x6
- Dumbbell press: 1x8, 1x6
- Seated lateral raises: 2x to fail
- Cable lateral raises: 2x to fail
- Rear delts w/ cables or dumbbell: 2x to fail
- Shrugs w/ dumbbells: 2x to fail
- Barbell curl ez-bar + triceps push-down: 1x12, 1x10, 1x8, 1x6
- Dumbbell curl + triceps extension w/ ez-bar: 1x8, 1x6
- Preacher curl + French triceps 1x8, 1x6
- Bicep 21's w/ cables (2 sets 21's) + triceps deep bench w/ weigh ( 2x to fail)
- Hammer curl: 2x 12
- Fore-arm curls: 2x30
- Monday - Seated calf machine: 3x20( heavy day )
- Wednesday - Leg press: 3x50 (light day)
- Friday - Standing calf machine: 3x20 (heavy day)
I do biceps and triceps like a supersets (one set biceps, one set triceps and rest)
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
I try eat pure clean all year.
Off-season Meal Plan:
12 egg whites, two slices of bread, cottage cheese, milk and two bananas
Red meat, rice and vegetables.
Chicken breast, rice and vegetables
Chicken breast, rice and vegetables
Red meat and vegetables
Two scoops whey protein.
*All this Monday-Friday. Weekends I eat whatever I want.
(12 weeks before the show)
I take out bread, milk, protein bars, cheese, and add MRP's in the morning.
I take off the red meat and the banana six weeks before the show. So I only eat chicken, rice and vegetables al the time... a lot of fun!!!
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Whey protein - I drink twice a day: 2 scoops after my workout w/one scoop
Cell-Tech and one teaspoon of
glutamine. The second time is before bed - 2 scoops.
Creatine (Cell-Tech) - One scoop before and after workout.
Glutamine - One tea spoon before, after workout and before bed w/ my protein.
MRP's - Is the best breakfast for me! (in contest preparation)
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
Discipline for the sport and your life is necessary. The battle of lifting more and more weight every day... I love it!!! The changes that you make in your body, the knowledge you have to have about your body. You need to learn how to sleep, eat, train, use supplements, vitamins etc... all this gives you confidence in our own life.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I took this year off for put on more size and will try next year's Rio De Janeiro bodybuilding cup and qualify for nationals.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Train hard and your goals will come thru. Never give up on your dreams!
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
|Calling All Over 40 Amateurs!|