- Name: Alex Stewart
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 21
- Where: Kingston, MA
- Height: 5'11"
- Weight: Offseason: 220 Contest: 180
- Years Bodybuilding :3
- Favorite Bodypart: Back
- Favorite Exercise: Deadlifts And Squats
- Favorite Supplements: First Order, E2 Voltage, Purple Wraath
How Did You Get Started?
I started weight lifting when I was 15 years old to improve my strength for basketball. Once I started lifting I could not stop. I was bitten by the iron bug and slowly but surely my passion for basketball faded and my love for the iron grew. I immersed myself in all aspects of bodybuilding. First thing I did was read everything I could about training/nutrition/supplementation in all the magazines.
Then one day I Googled bodybuilding and I found Bodybuilding.com. This is when my hobby as a weight lifter turned into my passion. With all this information about everything bodybuilding I was able to take my body to the next level.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
This is the program that I am using at the moment and I am getting very good results with this program. What I am trying to achieve with this program is to help bring up my chest and arms. I hit both areas twice a week and both chest days are done after a complete day of rest. I find I get best results for my back when I break the workouts into width and thickness days. I just think the back is too big of a muscle group to hit all in one session effectively.
As you will see, I do use a little more volume than most. I have tried out many programs and a little more volume has always worked well for me.
- Monday AM: Chest (Barbell Work) PM: Arms
- Tuesday AM: Legs PM: OFF
- Wednesday AM: Shoulders/Calves PM: Back (Width Exercises)
- Thursday AM: OFF PM: OFF
- Friday AM: Chest (Dumbbell Work) PM: Triceps
- Saturday AM: Back (Thickness Exercises) PM: Biceps
- Sunday AM: OFF PM: OFF
- Cardio is done after each workout for 30 minutes minus legs.
- Flat Barbell Bench: 3 Sets Of 5 Reps
- Incline Barbell Bench: 3 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Weighted Dips: 3 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Cable Crossovers: 2 Sets Of 15 Reps
- Dumbbell Pullovers: 2 Sets Of 12 Reps
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Alex Stewart's Monday Chest Workout.
I superset between a Bicep and Tricep Exercise and Alternate between which one I start with each week'
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Alex Stewart's Monday Arms Workout.
- Squats: 3 Sets Of 5 Reps
- Squats: 3 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Stiff Legged Deadlifts: 3 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Hack Squats: 2 Sets Of 20 Reps
- Lunges: 1 Set Of 100 Reps
I Alternate Between The Two Rep Ranges.
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Alex Stewart's Tuesday Legs Workout.
- Dumbbell Side Laterals: 3 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Wide Grip Upright Rows: 3 Sets Of 15 Reps
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 2 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Smith Machine Behind The Neck Press: 2 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Bent Over Rear Delt Dumbbell Flyes: 4 Sets Of 12 Reps
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Alex Stewart's Wednesday Shoulders Workout.
Wednesday Back Width
- Barbell Pullovers: 3 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Wide Grip Pulldowns: 3 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Close Grip Pulldowns: 3 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Wide Grip Reverse Pulldowns: 3 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Behind The Neck Wide Grip Pulldowns: 3 Sets Of 12 Reps
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Alex Stewart's Wednesday Back Width Workout.
- Slight Incline Dumbbell Press: 3 Sets Of 10, 8, Then 6 Reps
- Dumbbell Flat Bench Press: 3 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Incline Dumbbell Bench Press: 3 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Pec Dec: 2 Sets Of 15 Reps
- Dumbbell Pullovers: 2 Sets Of 12 Reps
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Alex Stewart's Friday Chest Workout.
- Close Grip Bench: 3 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Dip Machine: 3 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Rope Extensions: 2 Sets Of 20 Reps
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Alex Stewart's Friday Triceps Workout.
- T-Bar Rows: 3 Sets Of 10 Reps
- One Arm Dumbbell Rows: 3 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Underhand Grip Barbell Rows: 3 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Deadlifts: 3 Sets Of 5 Reps
- Behind The Back Shrugs: 3 Sets Of 10 Reps
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Alex Stewart's Saturday Back Workout.
- Preacher Curl: 4 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Alternating Dumbbell Curls: 3 Sets Of 12 Reps
- High Cable Curls: 2 Sets Of 15 Reps
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Alex Stewart's Saturday Biceps Workout.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
This is the current diet I am using on days that I workout twice a day:
I am very sensitive to carbs. I can only have them before and after workouts. If I was too only workout once I would have carbs with my first 2 meals and then just protein fat meals for the rest of the day. Days that I don't workout I only have carbs with my breakfast.
Meal Before Bed:
- 2 Scoops of Probolic 12 Hour by MHP
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
I love using First Order by Bodywell Nutrition Pre and Post-Workout. During my workout it helps with my muscle endurance and buffers lactic acid and Post-Workout it helps with my recovery. I also use E2 Voltage by Bodywell Nutrition to help on days that I need a pick me up. The energy that I get with E2 Voltage is amazing. I really like Isopure it is a great whey protein isolate for post-workout. It digests very well.
I have recently started using Element by SAN it is a great simple carb to help with my recovery post workout Probolic 12 hour by MHP is a great slow digesting Casein protein that I only take before bed.
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love bodybuilding because it strengthens you as a whole person, not just physically but also mentally. Everyone can see how bodybuilding improves your body as you lift weight your muscles get bigger and stronger. What people might not realize is, to be a successful bodybuilder one needs to have extreme dedication, discipline and great time management skills.
It takes dedication to wake up at 5AM to get in your cardio. It takes discipline to say no to the pizza and cake and replace it with chicken and rice. Finally it takes great time management skills to be able to get in all your cardio/training and make all your meals each and every day. Those are just some of the things that bodybuilding teaches you. There are many more and some that I will learn in the future.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
Short Term Goal is to win my Natural Pro Card in April 2009 at the BLNPA New England Natural. Long Term Goal is to make a Career in the fitness industry. I work for Bodywell Nutrition and would love to continue working with them and help Bodywell expand in the fitness industry. I also am a Personal Trainer/Nutritionist and would love to continue expanding my clientele. Helping other people reach there goals is very important to me.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
"Listen to your body" I dislocated my shoulder when I was 18 because I didn't listen to my body telling me to rest. I had to have surgery on the shoulder and that surgery set me back almost two years.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?